Top 3 IRS Tax Deadlines for the Remainder of 2016
It takes a lot of time and planning to be in IRS tax compliance. Knowing your IRS tax deadlines can help you organize and avoid paying unnecessary penalties. You have made it for most of 2016, but look out for tax deadlines for the rest of 2016 and plan accordingly:
September 15, 2016 IRS TAX deadline due date
- Estimated tax payments due for 3rd quarter (July, August, September 2016)
- Partnership tax returns due(Form 1065) for the year 2015 if an extension was requested.
- Corporate tax returns due (Forms 1120, 1120A, 1120S) for year 2015 if an extension was requested.
- Trust income tax returns due(Form 1041) for year 2015 if an extension was requested.
October 17, 2016 IRS Tax deadline due date
- Due date to file individual tax returns on extension for year 2015 (Forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ) and last day to file electronically. Returns filed after this date must be mailed in for processing.
- Deadline due date to fund a SEP-IRAor solo 401(k)for 2015 if an automatic extension of time to file was requested.
January 15, 2017 IRS Tax deadline due date
- Estimated tax payments due for 4th quarter (October, November, December 2016)
Be sure to make timely filings and estimated tax payments or you may be in for a surprise. Many taxpayers get into IRS trouble when they fail to stay in compliance resulting in quite sizeable amounts of tax debt. If resolution is needed, there are several options to consider, including a payment plan or an offer in compromise.
The Orange County Tax Attorneys at Delia Law have many years of tax resolution experience and will competently represent you before the IRS.
Please call for a no-cost tax attorney consultation at (619) 639-3336. We look forward to helping you.